[AFRINIC-rpd] AFRINIC Response to Government Calls for an Arab RIR

SM sm at resistor.net
Sat Mar 2 07:33:25 UTC 2013

At 01:31 28-02-2013, Owen DeLong wrote:
>Methinks perhaps a little less conspiracy theory and a little more
>fact checking
>would be in order.

There was a presentation in a regional venue five years ago.  The
presentation has been used to support other presentations.  There are
significant cultural differences within the I* world.  Someone from
Africa said the following:

   "Africa has many educated people with a great local perspective; however
    they have little global influence.  I find that it is not enough to invite
    people to forums where it is a known fact that they will not contribute
    meaningfully."

Regards,
-sm