[AFRINIC-rpd] [AFRINIC-announce] AFRINIC Response to Government Calls for an Arab RIR

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Feb 26 19:16:59 UTC 2013

> Because i see other requests coming all along the line , China, India, might or can also say that they represent by the size of their population , a raisonnable RIR, and Australia and/or Russia will raise the same issue regarding he size of the country.

Without expressing an opinion (I don't have a fully formed opinion to express at this time), as a point of information, China and India both have NIRs under the APNIC NIR structure. Since APNIC is HQ in AU, I doubt there's much push from AU to secede from APNIC and form their own region. I don't know of any such desire within Russia to leave RIPE NCC either.