[AFRINIC-rpd] AFRINIC Response to Government Calls for an Arab RIR

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:10:27 UTC 2013

On Feb 26, 2013 5:39 PM, "SM" <sm at resistor.net> wrote:

> Hi Jackson,
>
> At 07:49 26-02-2013, Jackson Muthili wrote:
>>
>> But ICANN have no more IPv4 to give new registry right?
>

> There are a few IPv4 addresses in the IANA free pool.  Number resources
management is a bit more complicated than that in my humble opinion.

Hmm... interesting will those be within the /8s.... perhaps they want RIR
for the V6.
While I am not pointing finger at anyone I will like to mention that the
path requested by Arab region will have no positive impact to the
development of this continent.
Come to think of it, in terms of continents i have not heard of Arab
continent. What are the basis for this request, Are they not using the
current afrinic resources? if there are cases where afrinic failed to serve
the Arab region fairly then it should be raised and certainly requesting
for RIR is not a way to do such.
Afrinic is the youngest RIR, I would expect that contributing to her growth
should be our action plan theme and not further slicing up the current
growth!

Regards