[AFRINIC-rpd] Convince the board (was: Request to recall Emile Milandou as PDWG co-chair)

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Feb 22 16:02:53 UTC 2013

Hi Douglas,
At 01:22 22-02-2013, Douglas Onyango wrote:
>Section 4 only allow the board, at its discretion to choose another
>co-chair if one is unable to do their job. So unless you are able to
>convince the board, we shall have to wait for the second provision
>which allows the PDP-WG to choose a co-chair during a meeting (if the
>co-chairS) are unable again to do their job.

There seems to be a misunderstanding.  I am not trying to convince
the Board of directors of AfriNIC to do anything.  The last
suggestion I made to the PDWG co-chairs was done as I thought that it
would be irresponsible to leave without doing a handover (
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2011/001772.html ).  I
mentioned in that message that:  "I have avoided setting any
procedure that may constrain future co-chairs.  I leave it to the
co-chairs to determine how the PDP should be implemented".  I did not
suggest anything when you raised an issue about the PDP even though
it would have a negative impact on my proposal (
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2012/002578.html ).

Regards,
S. Moonesamy