[AFRINIC-rpd] Address Supporting Organization (was: Request to recall Emile Milandou as PDWG co-chair)

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Feb 22 15:02:12 UTC 2013

Hi Douglas,
At 04:07 22-02-2013, Douglas Onyango wrote:
>I can do that, however you will remember that the equivalent of

Thanks.

>AfriNIC is not the ASO but rather other RIRs. I will check on

I assumed that the Address Supporting Organization did some
coordination.  During the discussion about a global policy proposal
the following issue was raised (
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/address-policy-wg/2011-September/006304.html
):

   "During discussions with the ARIN Advisory Council, it was mentioned
    that the clarification requires a text change to the proposal.  It
    was also mentioned that the ASO, instead of the NRO, must provide
    the clarification."

There wasn't any response from the Address Supporting
Organization.  From a presentation at
http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-17/slides/29nov/af17_pd2_p8_ALAN_BARETT_dn.pdf
I see that the Address Supporting Organization advises the ICANN
Board on number resources.  I don't recall seeing any message from
Address Supporting Organization members to inform the AfriNIC
community about any advice which has been given to the ICANN
Board.  What does the Address Supporting Organization do for Africa?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy