[AFRINIC-rpd] Request to recall Emile Milandou as PDWG co-chair

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Feb 21 14:23:08 UTC 2013

Hi Andrew,
At 05:49 21-02-2013, Andrew Alston wrote:
>I do remember hearing something about a car accident that prevented his
>involvement for a while, but this was a long time ago and I do not remember
>the details.  But if we consider the length of time now without involvement
>from our PDWG chair's, yes, I would support a recall, the question however

Ok.

>becomes about replacement of the chairs prior to the Lusaka meeting.  I am
>not sure it would be wise to recall someone even if they are not active if
>it means leaving the post vacant for 4 months, and as such I would like to
>see a proposal as to how we can appoint a temporary co-chair in the interim
>and without having to wait for a formal meeting.
>
>Is it possible to use this list and an email voting procedure to do this?

In my humble opinion that may be possible.  I'll defer to the other
PDWG co-chair or the AfriNIC Board of Directors, if the directors are
concerned about the policy development process, for such matters.

I haven't heard of any cases of disappearing co-chairs in other RIR
communities.  I leave it to the Address Supporting Organization to
confirm that.

 From my individual perspective, the situation is as follows: a
person who has volunteered to serve is unable to fulfill his
commitment.  It is up to the community to see whether it wants to do
nothing about that.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy