[AFRINIC-rpd] Renumbering statistics under AFPUB-2005-v4-001

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Mon Jan 28 06:34:06 UTC 2013

Hi PDWG Chairs,

I would like some information about the implementation aspects of the
AFPUB-2005-v4-001 policy.

 From Section 5.7 of AFPUB-2005-v4-001:

   "If the end-user / downstream network changes provider, the address space
    assigned or sub-allocated by the previous service provider (LIR) should be
    returned and the network renumbered."

   (i)   How many LIRs have pointed out that the above was a problem over the
         last two years?

   (ii)  How many downstream networks have pointed out that the above was a
         problem over the last two years?

Section 9.6 of AFPUB-2005-v4-001 is about renumbering.  I would be
grateful if I could be provided with statistics about:

  (a) The number of renumbering requests received over the last two
years from LIRs.

  (b) The number of renumbering requests from LIRs which have been
accepted over the
      last two years.

  (c) A breakdown of the renumbering requests from LIRs which
explains why renumbering
      was requested.

Are there any cases where AfriNIC (the company) has required a
network to renumber?  If so, which policy clause(s) was invoked for
these cases?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy