[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:45:09 UTC 2013

Hi andrew,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Andrew Alston
<alston.networks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Badru,
>
> 100% agreed, however, in order to draft accordingly I need to know if we are
> operating outside of the mandate of the PDP in putting clauses to prevent
> such double billing from happening or not?

I've refrained from commenting on this policy so far, but I'd like to
know what this proposal would do, before I make a decision about
support.

So HEI are EndUsers (getting PI space) in all cases, correct?

They already get a significant discount, correct?

So if a HEI gets a block of EndUser space, then they need more, they
won't be billed for both blocks??

Or is it only that if they get a PI block of size "X", because the NIC
won't give them "Y" (what they wanted) then the next block "Z" would
not be billed, but the billing would be X+Z=Y?  Is that correct??

Rgds,

McTim