[AFRINIC-rpd] IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Jan 25 19:21:11 UTC 2013

Hi Andrew,
At 04:48 25-01-2013, Andrew Alston wrote:
>I want to clarify something.
>
>In the event of a new policy that conflicts with an older policy, is there a
>de-facto state of the newer superseding the older?
>
>I.E if we implemented this new policy where it conflicts with the current
>policies, would it automatically supersede them?

AFPUB-2010-GEN-005 covers the development and modification of
policies for handling Internet Number Resources within the AfriNIC
service region.  In theory a new policy should not conflict with an
existing policy as the new policy is supposed to be reviewed
carefully by all the people on this mailing list, all the people at
the meeting, all the people on this mailing list, and all the
directors of AfriNIC.

It would be up to the directors of AfriNIC to decide what to do.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy