[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Fri Jan 25 16:39:06 UTC 2013

Hi Frank and all

> Am I seeing something wrong?
> If it's BYOD - why is it not BYODs (devices)? Why "one"?

I think we all know and agree that the BYOD option is inevitable and it does not take a genius to see the financial benefits.  The question here is we must have some agreed and feasible boundaries.  We need to make sure that as we request resources which are finite and also have some monitory implications we have some consideration on the sustainability of the institution(AfriNIC).

i think the main issue is how many devices per student and how does that fit in the resource optimization and sustainability model.  Lets add some practical angle here.  You cannot honestly say that we should be looking at 5 devices per student in my book this is too high. (personal opinion)