[AFRINIC-rpd] IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:25:12 UTC 2013

Hi SM,

> For the sake of clarity I prefer if this proposal does not affect the
proposal written by Sunday Folayan and you.  I'll mention that I will not be
the person doing an interpretation of the text if some future revision of
this
> proposal is considered as acceptable.

I do not see how this is possible, the policies are completely mutually
exclusive.  Your policy removes the possibility of end user assignments
direct from AfriNIC, whereas the academic policy specifically gears towards
exactly that.  If that is indeed your view, you would need to amend this
policy to make an exception for that policy otherwise they will be in
conflict.

Please though do not think that I oppose this policy because of conflict
with the other policy, I oppose this policy on very different grounds, as
detailed in the previous emails and when I wrote the previous emails,
conflicts with the other policy were not even in my head.

Andrew