[AFRINIC-rpd] IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:29:19 UTC 2013

Hi SM,

Just another note:

 8.5
IPv4 addresses used solely for connecting an end user to an LIR (e.g.,
point-to-point links) are considered as part of the LIR's infrastructure.
These addresses should be registered as part of the LIR's infrastructure.

I was thinking about this... please tell me how this works in a real world
environment.  When I as an end user have multiple private network
interconnects with other end users, how does this work?  I.E, if I
interconnect with Google via a PNI, who's space is used?  If I have a direct
interconnect with a bank, who's space is used? If I have a direct
interconnect with a provider who is NOT an LIR...

It doesn't make sense and it effectively makes PNI's a violation of this
policy

Andrew