[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:00:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM, Andrew Alston
<alston.networks at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3.3)  In addition to the documentation specified in clause 3.1, institutions
> will need to provide details of planned/current IPv6 roll-outs, including
> committed time frames for the roll-out of IPv6.
>
> 3.4) For the purposes of this policy, the roll-out of IPv6 can only be
> considered to be a true IPv6 roll-out, if IPv6 is extended to the edge of
> the network, beyond just the core/server infrastructure.

Talking about IPv6 i see the text in ipv6 allocation policy reads on 5.1.1 d

d) show a reasonable plan for making /48 IPv6 assignments to end sites
in the AFRINIC region within twelve months. The LIR should also plan
to announce the allocation as a single aggregated block in the
inter-domain routing system within twelve months.

my questions

i. your proposal 3.4 is in conflict with 5.1.1d of the current ipv6
policy which says to announce the allocation and not to extend ipv6 to
the edge of network. can you syncronize the two?

ii. I know ISPs that did not announce their ipv6 allocation after
twelbe months. what is Afrinic going to doing about that?

Jack