[AFRINIC-rpd] New Policy Proposal: Inter RIR IPv4 Address Transfers (AFPUB-2013-V4-001-DRAFT-01)

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:26:19 UTC 2013

Hi Owen,

It will be interesting to see if this position holds true in court, which is
where I believe one of these days it will be heading.  The money involved is
simply to great for it not to end up there eventually, and the court rulings
on it could be different region to region.  Until such time as this is heard
in a court of law, the power of an RIR over legacy assets cannot actually be
ascertained, and while you and I have differing points of view on this,
neither of us can actually say for certain how this would go.  I guess only
time will tell :)

Andrew