[AFRINIC-rpd] New Policy Proposal: Inter RIR IPv4 Address Transfers (AFPUB-2013-V4-001-DRAFT-01)

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:43:08 UTC 2013

Yes and No,

But I believe that an RIR would have one hell of a hard time justifying
refusing the transfer of legacy assets, and if they tried, it could probably
be appealed before ICANN (though I'd like to hear their response on this).

At best, refusal to transfer legacy assets could result in some very messy
court action which I don't think any RIR really wants to see.

Andrew