[AFRINIC-rpd] policy amendment proposal

Ernest - (AfriNIC) ernest at afrinic.net
Tue Nov 27 07:49:27 UTC 2012

Hi Owen,

Owen DeLong wrote thus on 11/27/12 10:16 AM:
> David, it does appear that is the case. One possible explanation
> might be that AfriNIC adopted policy limiting out-of-region use
> of AfriNIC address space within that time frame.

Out-of-region use is only specified in the "Soft Landing Policy",
which is not yet implemented as we have not yet touched the last /8.

We have in fact issued more IPv4 prefixes/allocations in 2012:

2011: 199
2012: 216

A possible explanation is that more very small allocations and
assignments were issued in 2012 compared to 2011, but we can look
more into this internally for exact numbers if needed.

Regards
Ernest