[AfriNIC-rpd] Definitions of LIR versus End User

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:55:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Andrew Alston <alston.networks at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi JM,
>
> Yes however, that definition is currently clearly not adequate considering
> the amount of debate about what qualifies as inside/outside their
> organization :)
>
> Consider a bank, that has multiple departments, all adminned by central
> IP, in my mind, thats an end user

*A bank don't provide internet to its customers. It only provide to staff
to do its job. It is an End user when I follow that definition in policy.*

Consider a university, multiple faculties, all adminned by central IP, in
> my mind, thats an end user, however, others seem to believe that that
> somehow makes them an LIR.

*A university provide internet to to its customers (students). That makes
it LIR, following the same definition.*

*Cheers*
*JM*