[AfriNIC-rpd] Definitions of LIR versus End User

SM sm at resistor.net
Sun Jul 22 16:59:39 UTC 2012

Hi Seun,
At 09:03 22-07-2012, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>thread in the first place, if we say price review for end-user is a
>possible way forward, does this mean it is agreed that institution
>that uses its IP solely within her organisation is an end-user?

The views I read were that End-User is about the IP address block
being utilized for internal use.

>If we are to apply a price review, will it be upward review of the
>end-user IP allocation? well may i request we strongly put into
>consideration Africa's specific economic challenge in the review process.

There hasn't been any comments about reducing the fees for End-User
assignments.

The comment about fee structure from Nii (apologies for the previous
misspelling of the name) was:

   "It's possible some universities can afford an increase and should
    be encouraged to pay more especially if holding large allocations

    A suggestion may be that the board consider a new fee structure
    for end users separately based on allocation"

If anyone would like the Board to consider a new fee structure I
suggest asking for that and mention the factors to consider during a
review process.  The text quoted above is clearer than "Africa's
specific economic challenge".

Regards,
-sm