[AfriNIC-rpd] Definitions of LIR versus End User

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sat Jul 21 18:58:43 UTC 2012

My basic understanding is the End User prices are lower than an LIR
because End Users need less maintenance by AfriNIC to maintain that user
- just invoicing the yearly payment on occasion.... once the initial
assignment has been made.

LIR's need much more hand holding - for example - access to systems to
maintain where IP addresses have been sub-allocated - thus the cost is
more.