[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon May 21 14:38:48 UTC 2012

We could look at just Electronic Voting - nothing else.

The 'polls' could be opened once the candidate is open  (a few weeks
before the election) and then close them as part of the Election Day
process.
The ceremony would be "OK - Voting has closed...." and then having the
Key Trustees going up, inserting their USB Keys with their part of the
unlocking code, and Voilà, Results appear on the screen. For those at
the meeting with voting rights who don't have a Laptop (is there anyone
like that any more), they could access the voting system from the
terminal room.

The problem in some people's minds is how people are petitioned in order
to get them to vote in one's favour. Years ago as a child, I can
remember working for my Dad, who wanted to be a local councilperson. We
went from door to door posting paper flyers and if people where home,
chatting to them. He was successful.
Apparently - this might be illegal in AfriNIC circles?

I pulled off addresses from my own peering page, that is - I collected
the addresses myself in 'one on one' contacts with people over time -
and now I can't use them to make contact for election purposes???

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - (South) Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE