[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Maina Noah mainanoa at gmail.com
Mon May 21 13:14:33 UTC 2012

On 21 May 2012 16:04, Jackson Muthili <jacksonmuthi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Maina Noah <mainanoa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > To me that would be dictatorship and there is no room for dictatorship
> in a
> > community driven organization like AfriNIC.
> > Yes a > number of membership is great for Afrinic's progress but is not
> > justification for countries with more stake at AfriNIC to assume the
> board
> > directorship and needless to say, are the folks from such countries with
> > greater number of LIR's actually
> > representing the community well on the board.?  or their intentions are
> > actually self-centered?
>
> Dictatorship by the south africans or unto them? Constituting majority
> of membership and addresses, why should SA not get commensurate stake
> on the board?

I think we should shift this discussion to something more relevant. How
about we forget about
Countries like .za with more Afrinic membership wishing for stake on the
board and rather look at
individual capabilities and experience from a prospective candidate, as
remember folks are fighting
to get on board but seem to have individual or rather nationalistic goals
than being African community
Centered.

We elect this folks to go and represent the continent and not the regions
and individual countries...Take note
of that.