[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:13:11 UTC 2012

Hi Alan,

While I agreed with certain people who provided me the evidence not to name the companies concerned, I do have an agreement that if anyone wishes to query with them directly, said people are free to contact me for their contact details.

With regards to the candidates not being given an opportunity to respond, it is my opinion that they had the option to fight for their right to say something, in the same way you objected at the microphone.  The silence spoke volumes

With regards to the conduct of the NomCom, I am quite frankly nothing short of disgusted.  We are electing a board that has to represent this community, is 15 minutes to much to ask to make sure the right decision is made?  To tell someone "Thanks for wasting our time" when they want to be heard?  I have no words... and I always have something to say :)

Andrew