[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri May 18 14:27:51 UTC 2012

Hi Kris,
At 06:19 18-05-2012, Kris Seeburn wrote:
>With all the interpretations, what should the final interpretation be
>like? No system is perfect. Even in the PDP election process no one
>specifies anything. I stand under correction on this. What you are saying
>that no one has been able to crack the code?

There is no code to crack.  My opinion is that this community has
always been able to reach decisions which is in the interest of the
community.  I don't expect any system to be perfect.

The feedback I provided about the election process is at
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/electionprocess-comment/2012-May/000001.html

>What is the proposal SM?

I posted a message at
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2012/002206.html  It is not a
final proposal as it takes time and it requires community feedback to
come up with one.

As a starting point, I would suggest looking at the past problems and
discuss about what could be done so that the problems do not
recur.  It is not possible to avoid past problems.

Regards,
-sm