[AfriNIC-rpd] Public Comments on the PDWG Co-Chair Candidate

SM sm at resistor.net
Thu May 17 15:05:38 UTC 2012

Hi Andrew,
At 06:57 17-05-2012, Andrew Alston wrote:
>I will be proposing a specific bylaw amendment regarding holding
>dual positions like this though, through the comment submission
>system on the website as relating to the bylaw discussions.

Entangling PDP matters with AfriNIC Ltd matters can be
problematic.  It was mentioned during an AfriNIC meeting that there
is nothing in the PDP that obliges AfriNIC Ltd to do anything.  It is
an AfriNIC Ltd decision to follow policies built through the PDP.  If
you try to explain all the PDP stuff to a legal person in the country
of jurisdiction, you can expect blank stares.

There was some discussion about the topci at
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2012/002111.html

Regards,
-sm