[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv4 trading needs global policy, says Mueller - issue for AfriNIC PDP ??

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 13:16:35 UTC 2012

--- On Fri, 4/13/12, Dr Paulos Nyirenda <paulos at sdnp.org.mw> wrote:
>I think it is important that AFRINIC keeps this issue high on its radar as a >policy issue. It will grow as an increasingly "sore thumb" as the v4 space >diminishes and AfriNIC is seen as having proportionally bigger reserves >than anyone else.
~~~~
Paulos, Whereas I do agree with you, Nii also has a point.  This list is for discussing *formally* submitted policy.  And as long as none is availed, we find ourselves technically restricted in as far as discussing the issue outside a formal policy is concerned.

Which made me think, should we amend our PDP document to allow for informal discussions on topical issue even in the absence of a formal submitted policy?  Perhaps as a prelude to submitting a position/policy proposal. I moderate some online and informal "brainstorming" forum that has subsequently informed/inspired numerous and previously hidden policy opportunities...and so I think this would be good to have.

walu.