[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv4 trading needs global policy, says Mueller - issue for AfriNIC PDP ??

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:20:48 UTC 2012

All hats off:

On Thursday, April 12, 2012, Dr Paulos Nyirenda wrote:

> PDWG,
> AfriNIC,
>
> > IPv4 trading needs global policy, says Mueller
> >
> http://www.fiercegovernmentit.com/story/ipv4-trading-needs-global-policy-says-
> > mueller/2012-04-11

Milton says a lot of things, many of them contradict other things he says.
 He is a free-marketeer, except when it comes to IP addressing, then he is
pro-market AND pro -government regulation at the same time.

> Is this an issue that is current for the AfriNIC PDP?

Not unless there is a proposal in front of us :-)

> Does AfriNIC need to develop an IPv4 Trading Policy?

Probably not....iirc, the community spoke quite loudly that AfriNIC region
resources were for this regions use alone.

> See the story, Mueller papers and the RIPE Policy Proposal
> http://www.ripe.net/ripe/<http://www.ripe.net/ripe/policies/proposals/2012-01>
> policies/proposals/2012-01<http://www.ripe.net/ripe/policies/proposals/2012-01>

The author of this RIPE proposal is an address broker, so the policy would
help her make
 money.

Caveat emptor!

Rgds, McTim