[AfriNIC-rpd] AFPUB-2006-GEN-001 and Anycast

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Mar 27 17:49:38 UTC 2012

Like to include me?

I asked for an IPv4/24, IPv6/48 and ASN some months ago for the purpose
of creating an AnyCast instance for UniForum for use with advertising
some of the domains we have. The idea is to replace what we have at JINX
(Johannesburg) with this instance, then replicate to CINX (Cape Town)
and one day DINX (Durban). By then - we may become a lot more
adventurous!

The space has been (successfully) assigned by AfriNIC. We have the
replacement hardware for the JINX replacement and upgraded our JINX
Router to manage the new hardware - but the dotAfrica project and
getting everything complete for the ICANN application date has kind of
overshadowed us for now...

Anyway - I do have reasonably strong feelings about AnyCast assignments,
for example, I believe they should be Assignments rather than
Allocations and should be a bundle (IPv4,IPv6 and ASN).

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - (South) Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE