[AfriNIC-rpd] Call for Comments: Draft Minutes of Public Policy Meeting during AfriNIC-15 in Yaounde

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Thu Jan 12 09:00:28 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-07, at 18:01 PM, SM wrote:

>> Adiel Akplogan commenting on the relative weights of mailing list and
>> face-to-face meeting comments said that only comments on the RPD mailing
>> list made before the face-to-face meeting should only be equal to those
>> at face-to-face meetings.
>
> The sentence is not clear.  I suggest asking Mr Adiel Akplogan whether the sentence reflects what he said.

In substance what I said is that same comments before a face to face meeting
where consensus is reached can't be of the same weight during the last call.
If consensus is declared after discussion at the face to face meeting, only
NEW and major arguments/issues should stop a policy during the last call. The
last call period should be as straight forward as possible, and not another
round to re-discuss the whole policy with points already raised and discussed
(or not) before the face to face meeting.

Discussions and comments before + during face to face meeting should weight
more than comments during lats call. Doing that we push people to raise their
point before or during the face to face meeting where consensus will be sought.

We should be clear about when to close the loop, and it is in my sense the
responsibility of the PDWG co-chairs to ensure that.

- a.