[AfriNIC-rpd] Call for Comments: Draft Minutes of Public Policy Meeting during AfriNIC-15 in Yaounde

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Jan 10 16:40:55 UTC 2012

Hi McTim,
At 04:30 10-01-2012, McTim wrote:
>This is surprising, as the Agenda was worked on extensively before the
>meeting.
>I had thought it was posted to the list and on the AfriNIC-15 website.
>
>Apologies for not ensuring this was done.

[snip]

>We only had the Minutes produced ~1 week ago.  Reading the PDP again,
>it does stipulate that minutes should be produced in 3 weeks time
>after the meeting.
>
>The minutes are produced by AfriNIC staff and then circulated to the
>Co-Chairs for
>review.  In any case, apologies for this oversight, it was not intentional.

Thanks.

>Well the 'relevant analysis' is at
>https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2011/001240.html
>but there has been no "review", as the general feeling at the meeting
>was that a charter or guidelines for the co-chairs would be adequate.

Ok.

I don't think that it is up to AfriNIC to solve all problems.  If
somebody wants a charter or guidelines, it is up to the person to do
some of the work.  It is not worth having guidelines if they are not
going to be followed.

>Wouldn't both email addresses be appropriate?

Yes.

>I wouldn't think this significant enough to be minuted.

It can be used to affect open participation.

At an APNIC meeting, some time back, there were some comments
made.  A person asked for the comments to be removed from the
record.  That was not done.

Regards,
-sm