[AfriNIC-rpd] Pushing IPv6

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:44:11 UTC 2011

<I do work at LACNIC together with Sofia>

As Sofia clarified, LACNIC wants to use every opportunity available to
get the IPv6 message out to its members. Each time a member comes to us
to request additional IPv4 space is in fact a golden opportunity to do
this, so we basically try to make the most of it.

"Pushing" is probably too strong a word, and we definitely are not in
the business of dictating how organizations should run their networks.
However, we also have a duty towards our community, and if we are not
diligent enough in getting the message out, we risk leaving people out
in the cold.

Look at it from a different angle: What would be your reaction if in
5-years time you came to LACNIC asking for IPv4 space and we said "Ups,
it ran out 2 years ago, but we forgot to mention it" ?

regards

Carlos

Carlos M. Martinez
LACNIC R+D