[AfriNIC-rpd] NRO-NC Election Nominees - Call for public comments

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 09:07:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM, James Blessing <jblessing at llnw.com> wrote:
> On 21/10/2011 09:04, McTim wrote:
>
>> Is that proposal still on the table?
>
> It keeps reappearing every couple of months, especially with the recent
> comments from India about them wanting to control their own address space
> policies.

Do you mean the IBSA proposal?

http://www.culturalivre.org.br/artigos/IBSA_recommendations_Internet_Governance.pdf

That would do much more than control their own IP space (control over
ICANN/IETF, etc), but it seems (not confirmed) that they (IBSA) have
backed down from such a radical position.

In the APNIC region, NIRs are possible, so maybe that's what they are after?

In any case, is it likely that the folk we are electing now will be
asked to participate in a review of ICP-2?

www.icann.org/en/icp/icp-2.htm

For those who have not read ICP-2, it is short and useful document for
our community.

--
Cheers,

McTim