[AfriNIC-rpd] Handover to new PDWG co-chairs

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sat Jun 18 13:13:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 12:27 +0000, nii quaynor wrote:
> On Jun 16, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Mark Elkins wrote:
>

> > Board members are simply (full) members of the Company.
> > Those who have resources from AfriNIC are also (associate) Members.
> > Members can vote, provide policy - etc - just like the share holders of
> > a 'normal' company.
> > Staff at a 'normal' company don't usually have that type of privilege
> > unless they are shareholders.
> >

> Why are the LIRs associate.

Interesting question.

> What has happened to community oversight for major decisions including
> approving reports if the real members have become associates. Who would
> have the last word on oversight of AfriNIC if the resource users are
> the associates.

Ask the original (founding) AfriNIC Board members. I'd assume from a
historical basis that they were intrinsically involved in the Founding
Documentation, Structure of the Company, Bylaws - etc.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE