[AfriNIC-rpd] Rewrite of AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Tue Jun 14 16:00:19 UTC 2011

:) The reason for getting the discussion on the list first is because I
saw the reactions at the policy meeting, and there was a fair bit to go
by there, but I also feel that it is important to encourage discussion
on this list.

We have seen many policies on this list that are proposed and until a
meeting comes around, we have very little discussion/response on the
list, hence, this time I'd like to do this a little differently,
encourage the discussion on the list first.

The point of this list as per the name is DISCUSSION, build things that
the community wants together.  If an individual proposes a policy before
hand, without getting guidance from the entire community, it is far
harder to gain consensus later.  I believe as Africans that we need to
be looking at what we want in community spirit, and before someone
proposes something, why not ask about ideas, and promote discussion.

If we consider the original withdrawn policy as the basis for
discussion, we have a good start as something to work from.

These are just my opinions though

Andrew