[AfriNIC-rpd] Rewrite of AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:21:19 UTC 2011

<all hats off>

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Andrew Alston <aa at tenet.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As promised in my last email after I withdrew AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02, I
> am looking at rewriting and resubmitting the policy.
>
> But before I do, there was a LOT of discussion and different views were
> expressed at the meeting, from many different view points.  So, What I’d
> like to ask the community is this:
>
> What do you want to see in this policy, lets debate this on the list and I
> will word the policy in such a way that it reflects community spirit and
> community intent.

I think the community intent is to keep v4 going in the region as long
as is needed/possible, and protect those resources from being
pillaged.

I could be wrong, but that's my take.

If you can write a policy around that, it would likely pass.

My sense is that you would like to see the back of v4 ASAP, so as to
more quickly deploy v6 in Africa.  Is that about right?

I think the two disparate viewpoints will be hard to reconcile.

--
Cheers,

McTim