[AfriNIC-rpd] Staff Analysis & Implementation Comments: Reclamation of Allocated but Un-routed IPv4 Addresses

James Blessing jblessing at llnw.com
Sat May 28 09:53:17 UTC 2011

On 27/05/2011 06:52, Mukom Akong T wrote:

> This proposal mandates AfriNIC to reclaim any IPv4 address space that is
> not seen on the Internet routing tables.

I object to this proposal as there are many reasons that a prefix might
not be in the table at the time where the measurements are made and also
from the point at which the measurements are made.

It also makes use of the term "the routing table" if I look at several
different 'tier 1' transit providers I can clearly see that their
versions of "the routing table" are different. In one case I can see
clear differences between their EU and US "full routing tables".

James Blessing
+44 7989 039 476
Strategic Relations Manager, EMEA
Limelight Networks