[AfriNIC-rpd] Last Call: IPv4 Soft Landing Policy - AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-03

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:49:07 UTC 2011

Douglas, et. al.,

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Because i feel strongly about it, i would personally like for the statement to be stayed. Albeit, It is the responsibility of the  PDP Chairs at this point to draw rough Consensus IMO.
>
> I am open to revising the statement or even totally removing it, but my actions will be guided by the recommendations of the Chairs which i believe will be a result of an analysis of the deliberations on this Paragraph.

If consensus is NOT reached, would you have any objection to a "no
transfer" policy.  In other words, we would have to write some text
like:

AfriNIC resources are meant to be used by African organisations,
primarily in the AfriNIC region.  To that end transfers of address
space from AfriNIC LIRs to organisations outside of Africa are
prohibited"

Just a rough draft, but what do you all think???

--
Cheers,

McTim