[AfriNIC-rpd] RE:AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02 - Limited Out of RegionAllocation of IPv4 Resources - of Legacy Space

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue May 10 00:54:18 UTC 2011

Legacy space was not granted as a free-for-all. Legacy space was never transferable except
through acquisition of the functional network structures that the addresses were originally issued
to support.

Any transfer of legacy resources should require that the recipient sign an agreement with the
applicable RIR and the transfer combined with the agreement should void their legacy status
in my opinion.

Owen