[AfriNIC-rpd] AFPUB-2011-v4-003-draft-02 - Limited Out ofRegion Allocation of IPv4 Resources

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:06:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> McTim,
>
> Member fees is indeed a Board Decision. HOWEVER, Andrew's policy cleverly
> tackles that by saying the foreign entity would pay the prevailing
> membership fee +100%.  Meaning, whatever the Board decides + 100% (difficult
> mathematical way of saying doubling the amount ;-)

I think that the Board still must make the decision about fees, no matter
what is specified in policy.

If it looks like this one is anywhere nearing consensus I will ask that
"100%" be increased to "1000%".

If we are going to commoditise our IP space, let's get lots of cash for it
and use that cash to promote IPv6 in Africa!!

--
Cheers,

McTim