Section 5.3 of PDP (was: [AfriNIC-rpd] Updated Version of the "IPv4 Soft Landing Policy" now Available Online)

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Mon May 9 09:51:36 UTC 2011

SM, Andrew,

Looks like one more major item that points to the dire need to revise the current AfriNIC
PDP. The ambiguity is not just at the end of the Last Call period but also at the point
where the policy is sent to the Board for approval. These have been discussed in the past
but were not attended to before the AfriNIC Board approved this PDP policy.

The procedure in the previous policy was that if a proposal failed to get consensus at
the Last Call then the proposal would go back to the RPD mailing list. It did NOT go to
the next face to face meeting as is being proposed here - it went to the RPD list for
further discussion and/or revision.

Refereing a proposal to the RPD is probably the best way forward, even in this case.

Once again, there is urgent need to revise the current PDP that was hurriedly approved in
2010, can the current interim PDP co-chairs initiate it?

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD