[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Consensus call ??? on Section 3.8 of AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-02 - IPv4 Soft Landing

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu May 5 16:08:40 UTC 2011

Hi McTim,
At 05:53 05-05-2011, McTim wrote:
>good question, and why are we breaking it up into sections?  AFAIK,
>the SL Policy did reach consensus in Kigali, no?

I'll quote part of a message that Vincent Ngundi posted to the RPD
mailing list:

   "Following the conclusion of the 15-day last call period and in
    line with the AfriNIC Policy Development Process (PDP), the
    PDP-MG has, after considering the deliberations during the last
    call period, reached the following conclusions:

    1. IPv4 Softlanding Policy Proposal
      There was considerable objection to this proposal and therefore the
      proposal will now go back to the Resource Policy Discuss (RPD) mailing
      list for further deliberations and possible discussion at the next
      AfriNIC face-to-face meeting."

I hope that the above answers your question about the "SL Policy"
reaching consensus in Kigali.

>It should be in Last Call AFAICS.

The actual work for the Last Calls started around 30 November,
2010.  Action was initiated around 23 February, 2011 to get the
Softlanding proposal to Last Call.  The latest version of the
proposal was posted to the RPD mailing list on 3 May, 2011 (
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2011/001484.html ).

S. Moonesamy
Interim co-chair, AfriNIC Policy Development Working Group