[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Section 5.3 of PDP

Mukom Akong T tamon at afrinic.net
Tue May 3 16:11:33 UTC 2011

Hello all

On 5/3/11 8:02 PM, Andrew Alston wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> Yes, I would like this proposal on the agenda for Dar Es Salaam, as at
> this point, as I say, I do not believe there is currently sufficient
> consensus based on discussions on the list in February.

Just to be clear, this proposal has *NOT YET* gone to Last Call. When it
does come out of Last Call and the PDWG chairs declare there is no
consensus, then the author might choose to send in a updated version
which must be discussed on the mailing list for 4 weeks before it is
eligible to be discussed at a F2F meeting.

> I still however believe that we need to specify in the PDP that should a
> proposal fail consensus during last call that the proposal should either
> be considered withdrawn, or should be modified and consensus requested
> of the list again, or failing that should go back to a public meeting.
> This should be specified to avoid ambiguity, and it still leaves the
> face saving option of withdrawl or modification open, but it also gives
> the author the ability to take it back to a public meeting should he
> strongly believe in what he is saying and believe that he can advocate
> for it better in person.

As the current PDP is an improvement of two previous ones, you are free
to make such a proposal.