Section 5.3 of PDP (was: [AfriNIC-rpd] Updated Version of the "IPv4 Soft Landing Policy" now Available Online)

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Tue May 3 16:02:06 UTC 2011

Hi There,

Yes, I would like this proposal on the agenda for Dar Es Salaam, as at
this point, as I say, I do not believe there is currently sufficient
consensus based on discussions on the list in February.

I still however believe that we need to specify in the PDP that should a
proposal fail consensus during last call that the proposal should either
be considered withdrawn, or should be modified and consensus requested
of the list again, or failing that should go back to a public meeting.
This should be specified to avoid ambiguity, and it still leaves the
face saving option of withdrawl or modification open, but it also gives
the author the ability to take it back to a public meeting should he
strongly believe in what he is saying and believe that he can advocate
for it better in person.

Thanks

Andrew

Why