[AfriNIC-rpd] Updated Version of the "IPv4 Soft Landing Policy" now Available Online

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Tue May 3 10:50:02 UTC 2011

Hi Douglas,

I dispute the consensus on the clause on the 10% allocation.

I refer back to the discussions on the list in the second half of February
this year.

My reading of the thread that was extensive over a few days, we had 10
respondents if I haven't missed any in my reading over it.

Of those 10 from my reading of it, one person who questioned the clause, one
who conceded potential headaches, 4 supports and 4 opposed.  That CLEARLY
indicates lack of consensus in my eyes.

With regards to the minimum allocation size point,

Around the same time when this was discussed on the list, I see a
surprisingly few number of respondents in the thread, but those who DID
respond to that thread voiced objections.  (I can send through a list and
summary as I read it if you wish).  Hence, again, I see no consensus on the
list.

As such, I ask that this policy go back to the public meeting in Dar Es
Salaam for further discussion.

Thanks

Andrew