[AfriNIC-rpd] Opposition to AFPUB-2010-v4-005-draft-01

Stacy Hughes ipgoddess.arin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:07:25 UTC 2011

Esteemed Colleagues,
I must speak in opposition to this proposal.
First, I am philosophically opposed to soft landing proposals in general.
 When the party is over, it's time to go home.  We don't get 5 more minutes
or more birthday cake.  Incorporation of and transition to IPv6 is the way
forward, and necessary for all of us.

I especially disagree with direct assignments or allocations of IPv4 space
in subnets of longer prefix lengths than /24.  It is pointless to assign
blocks that a significant portion of the Internet will not see, and harmful
to bloat the routing table.
Thank you,
Stacy Hughes
(speaking only for myself and not for my affiliations)