[AfriNIC-rpd] Updated Version of the "IPv4 Soft Landing Policy" now Available Online

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Feb 21 20:41:45 UTC 2011

On Feb 21, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> AfriNIC has a clearly defined geographical service region. If an address is
> assigned to a device physically outside of that defined region, then, the
> address is being used outside of the region.

So, the implication here is either:

a) the address must be reachable on the Internet
b) AfriNIC staff has to be able to gain access to a non-Internet-connected network to audit those addresses are in use within the region.

?

> This does not seem like rocket science to me.

Out of curiosity, how would anycast addresses announced out of multiple regions be treated?

Regards,
-drc