[AfriNIC-rpd] Last Call procedure

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Wed Feb 16 16:22:30 UTC 2011

Hi Frank,
At 08:35 PM 2/15/2011, Frank Habicht wrote:
>I support Owen's suggestion.
>
>a) if future chairs are constrained, then this procedure can change.

Ok.

>b) it feels like making long-term regulations, but with short-term
>naming. ie why not make it "right" [1] in the first place instead of
>"planning" to have another change (and discussion) in the foreseeable
>future.

I'll follow the suggestion that Owen and you made.

>In addition I feel,
>- the "at least two weeks" should be mentioned inside the procedure,

I didn't mention the two weeks as that is in the PDP document.  If
the procedure is updated, I suggest using "as specified in ...".

>- there should be a time limit on start of last call
>   suggesting something like:
>   "within not more than 4 weeks after a face-to-face meeting"

That sounds like a good idea.  I'll elaborate on what has happened
since the last face-to-face meeting so that you can have a better
view.  After the last Public Policy Meeting, the Interim Chairs were
required to publish minutes within three weeks.  That was done within
a few days of the deadline.  An an exceptional case, I requested an
analysis of the two proposals.  That should generally be done before
the Public Policy Meeting.  The reports were submitted approximately
ten weeks after the meeting.

If the deadline for the Last Call is four weeks after a meeting, the
Chairs will have to get the minutes published within two weeks.  That
gives the authors two weeks to get their proposals ready for the Last
Call.  If you want to specify within four weeks, I suggest making it
light-weight or else it will end up being a rushed job.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy