[AfriNIC-rpd] Proposal: Out of region sales of IPv4 space

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 11:48:55 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Could someone explain the summary bit that I have highlighted - does it
> mean the african region has no way of protecting its IP resources?

We have the SL policy. AFAIK, no other region has placed such a restriction
on its resources.

Sometimes folk have good reasons to use addresses in Region B and C, even
though they were obtained in region A.  If a compnay has a global network
for example, is it fair to make them become 5 different LIRs, one in each
region?  It also helps in aggregation to have fewer blocks allocated to
large networks.

What drc has pointed out is that it is non-trivial to determine where
resources are used.

--
Cheers,

McTim