[AfriNIC-rpd] How to propose a proposal

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Feb 11 16:17:33 UTC 2011

At 03:20 AM 2/11/2011, Mukom Akong T wrote:
>Unique Identifiers are managed internally and we will assign these
>before posting the proposal to the website. If the author needs help
>and sends their proposal to the given email address, then we will
>provide all the nitty gritty guidance as necessary. If the community
>feels that we should provide more details on this process, then
>suggestions are welcome. We however feel that most of the authors
>who choose not to request assistance with their proposals can follow
>the guidance given.

During the development of a policy, draft versions of the document
are made available for review and comment by publishing them on the
AfriNIC website and posting them to the Resource Policy Discussion
mailing list.  The community requested the last part of that sentence
to be added in the PDP.  The two versions should be in sync.  There
was a long discussion prior to the last meeting about what
constitutes a proposal.  I prefer to avoid that happening again as it
can be easily avoided by providing clear guidance.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy