[AfriNIC-rpd] How to propose a proposal

Mukom Akong T tamon at afrinic.net
Fri Feb 11 11:20:24 UTC 2011

On 2/11/11 10:07 AM, sm+afrinic at elandsys.com wrote:
> Hi Mukom,
> At 12:30 AM 2/11/2011, Mukom Akong T wrote:
>> The specifics of How to Propose a Policy are at
>> http://www.afrinic.net/policy.htm, last section under that title.
>
> This is what that section says:
>
>   Read the policy development process document.
>   Subscribe to the policy working group mailing list.
>   Send your policy proposal to the rpd mailing list using the template
> below. If
>   you need assistance drafting your proposal, please contact the
> AfriNIC policy
>   liaison officer by   sending it to  policy-submission[at]afrinic.net
>   Template for Submitting Policy Proposals
>

>   ------------------------[Proposal Header]-----------------------
>
>   Unique identifier (assigned by AfriNIC):
>   Draft Policy Name:
>   Author(s)
>   (a) Author1.Name | Author1.Email_Address | Author1.Affiliation
>   (b) Author2.Name | Author2.Email_Address | Author2.Affiliation
>
> I don't see any advice in there on how to get the Unique identifier.
> The template looks like a copy and paste from the PDP.  The
> "specifics" is not helpful to authors.

Unique Identifiers are managed internally and we will assign these
before posting the proposal to the website. If the author needs help and
sends their proposal to the given email address, then we will provide
all the nitty gritty guidance as necessary. If the community feels that
we should provide more details on this process, then suggestions are
welcome. We however feel that most of the authors who choose not to
request assistance with their proposals can follow the guidance given.

Regards