[AfriNIC-rpd] Effectively dealing with IPv4 trading

Mukom Akong T tamon at afrinic.net
Thu Feb 10 10:22:07 UTC 2011

On 2/10/11 8:50 AM, Jackson Muthili wrote:
>> >  Existingpolicy  already prohibits this and I expect AfriNIC will be proactive in reclaiming resources that are incorrectly used outside of the AfriNIC region.
> 1. What would you define as incorrect usage?
> 2. Nowhere i see does apolicy  prohibit usage of resources outside africa.

 From http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2010-v4-005.htm which
reached consensus during AF-13:

"7.3) AfriNIC resources are for the AfriNIC geographical region. For
each allocation or assignment made during the Exhaustion Phase, no more
than 10% of these resources may be used outside of the AfriNIC region,
and any use outside the AfriNIC region shall be solely in support of
connectivity back to the AfriNIC region."

Regards.